Metin Kerem MD was born in Ankara, Turkey, in 1977. After graduating from Ankara Çankaya Milli Piyango High School, he started his medical training at Gazi University, Faculty of Medicine, in 1995. He was graduated from medical faculty in 2001, and started his plastic surgery residency in Ankara Numune Research and Training Hospital, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery in 2002. Simultaneously, he worked as a volunteer surgical assistant in a private aesthetic surgery clinic in Ankara, Turkey. Having performed thousands of aesthetic, reconstructive and hand surgery operations himself, and publishing 15 international papers, he completed his residency period in July 2007. Due to the medical law in Turkey, he was assigned for obligatory governmental service in Şırnak State Hospital, located in southeastern Turkey. Being the first plastic surgeon ever to work in this area, he established the plastic surgery clinic in the local state hospital, and performed a lot of interesting cases. Meanwhile, he went on improving his international scientific career. With regard to his success on this field, he was qualified as a fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS), and was rewarded with the EU quality recognition in November 2008. After finishing his obligatory governmental service, he completed his military service as a lieutenant plastic surgeon, in Kyrenia Military Hospital, North Cyprus. Metin Kerem MD, continued his scientific studies, and attended many international scientific meetings as a participant or speaker. Dr. Kerem got non-surgical aesthetics education in London in 2016, hands-on face lifting education from Dr. Giovanni Botti and Dr. Mario Pelle Ceravolo in Vienna in 2016, and stem cell enriched fat injection education from Dr. Steve Cohen in 2019 in USA. In 2019, He gave lectures on stem cell enriched fat transfers in Dubai and Kuwait. Dr. Metin Kerem, who is now performing private practice in his own aesthetic surgery clinic in Istanbul, has 17 international scientific publications and numerous presentations in national and international congresses. Dr. Metin Kerem is married, father of one, a snowboarder, a sailor and a rock music fan.
MD, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey, 2001
Plastic Surgery Residency:
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Ankara Numune Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey, 2007
Post-Residency Education Activities:
- 2019: Regenerative Medicine & Fat Grafting by Dr. Steve Cohen, San Diego, USA
- 2019: J&J EMEA Breast Care Surgical Excellence Symposium, Hamburg, Germany
- 2018: 6th İstanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2018: 10th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2017: Vienna Masterclass Hands-on Face-lift Dissection Course, Vienna, Austria
- 2017: 5th İstanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2017: 9th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2016: 4th İstanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2016: 8th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- Allergan Medical Institute 1st Standalone Course on Facial Injections, London
- 2015: 3rd İstanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2015: 7th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2014: 2nd İstanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2014: 6th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2013: Istanbul Advanced Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2013: 5th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2012: 4th Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2011: İstanbul International Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2011: 3rd Eurasian Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2008: EBOPRAS 17th European Course in Plastic Surgery, Zagreb, Croatia
- 2008: 1st Plastic Surgery School, TSPS Rhinoplasty Course, İstanbul, Turkey
- 2007: 29th National Plastic Surgery Congress-Laser Course, Eskişehir, Turkey
- 2008: EBOPRAS (European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery) qualification & quality recognition, European Board Fellowship
- ISAPS (International Society of Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) International Member, 2014
- ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) International Member, (2019)
International Published Articles
- Eser C, Kerem M, Olguner AA, Gencel E, Kesiktas E. “A new technique for the surgical repair of double cleft earlobe: modified Millard’s rotation advancement flap” Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2015 Mar;44(3):374-6
- Yıldırım Y, Kerem M, Köroğlu Ç, Tolun A. “A homozygous 237-kb deletion at 1p31 identified as the locus for midline cleft of the upper and lower lip in a consanguineous family” Eur J Hum Genet 2014 Mar;22(3):333-7
- Unlü RE, Altun S, Kerem M, Koç MN. “Is it really necessary to make wide excisions for basal cell carcinoma treatment?” J Craniofac Surg. 2009 Nov;20(6):1989-91.
- Altun S, Uraloğlu M, Kerem M, Alhan B. “Anatomical study of the ulnar dorsal artery and design of a new retrograde ulnar dorsal flap.” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Jun;123(6):1888-9; author reply 1889-90.
- Uraloğlu M, Kerem M, Arpac E. “Arterial and venous anatomy of deep inferior epigastric perforator and superficial inferior epigastric artery flaps.” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Jun;123(6):1883.
- Orbay H, Kerem M, Ünlü RE, Comert A, Tuccar E, Sensoz O. “Maxillary Artery: anatomical landmarks and relationship with mandibular subcondyl” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Dec;120(7):1865-70.
- Ünlü RE, Kerem M, Tug M, Orbay H, Sensoz O. “Prefabrication of a conjoint flap containing xenogenic tissues: a preliminary report on an experimental model” J Craniofac Surg. 2007 Nov;18(6):1451-6.
- Ozdemir A, Kerem M, Unlü RE, Sensöz O. “Nitrous oxide administered by the plastic surgeon for repair of facial lacerations in children in the emergency room.” Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Sep;120(3):809-10.
- Kerem M, Orbay H, Sensoz O. “ Use of an expanded temporoparietal fascial flap technique for total auricular reconstruction”. Plast Reconstr Surg 2007 Jun 119(7):2320-1.
- Orbay H, Kerem M, Unlu RE, Esmer AF, Comert A, Tuccar E, Sensoz O. “Vascular Anatomy of Plantar Muscles”. Ann Plast Surg. 2007 Apr;58(4):420-426.
- Unlu RE, Orbay H, Kerem M, Firat Esmer A, Tuccar E, Sensoz O. “Innervation of three weight-bearing areas of the foot: An anatomic study and clinical implications”. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008;61(5):557-61.
- Orbay H, Unlu RE, Kerem M, Sensoz O. “Clinical experiences with a new tourniquet device”. Ann Plast Surg. 2006 Jun;56(6):618-21.
- Ortak T, Kerem M, Uraloğlu M, Unlu RE,Inozu E, Sensoz O. “Surgical Technique for the correction of postpalatoplasty fistulae of the hard palate”. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006 May;117(6):2082-3; author reply 2083-5.
- Orbay H, Unlu RE, Kerem M, Sensoz O. “Preapplication of lidocaine to split-thickness skin graft donor site to decrease pain during the removal of dressing”. Ann Plast Surg. 2006 Mar;56(3):346-7.
- Alagoz MS, Uysal CA, Kerem M, Sensoz O. “Reverse homodigital artery flap coverage for bone and nailbed grafts in fingertip amputations”. Ann Plast Surg. 2006 Mar;56(3):279-83.
- Uraloglu M, Kerem M, Tekin F, Unlu RE, Sensoz O, Uysal AC. “Tunnelized superior auricular artery based flap for reconstruction of anterior auriculohelical defect” Ann Plast Surg. 2005 Jun;54(6):684-5.
- Ünlü RE, Abaci E, Kerem M, Aksoy E, Şensöz Ö. “Brown tumor in children with normocalcemic hyperparathyroidism: a report of two cases” J Craniofac Surg. 2003 Jan;14(1):69-73.
- International Society of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ISAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Turkish Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (TSPS)
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Society Turkey (EPCD)